Careers at The Shoreline
Are you a passionate, innovative, and caring Registered Nurse looking for a fresh start, a sea/tree change and new challenges? The Coffs Coast offers you a true lifestyle change, with our vibrant seaside location being a short jaunt from some of nature’s most beautiful areas in NSW.
Come join a team that enjoys helping people live their best, who have a shared vision to be leaders in ageing excellence on the North Coast. Come join a team where you are empowered to find ways make a difference and will be offered an hourly rate range from $41.49p/hr up to $53.60p/hr plus super and shift penalties (plus relocation support is available). Come join a team that is passionate about the next steps you take as a professional in the industry, actively seeking ways to support your learning to become an even better healthcare professional than you already are!
The Shoreline is a new, vibrant, luxury coastal retirement living, and premium residential aged care facility situated in Coffs Harbour on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW. The care facility is located within the village of luxury units and villas and is a stone’s throw away from a major shopping centre, beautiful beaches, and restaurants. We are a breath of fresh air in the region, bringing the most modern-day practices to the forefront of our residents ageing experience.
If you would like to become a key member of the team and be part of this new vibrant community of premium care with exceptional community facilities, please apply.
Registered Nurses are responsible for managing all aspects of clinical care for the residents. To do this you will undertake assessments, develop, and document care plans, facilitate case conferences with residents and their families, and manage medications.
Our Registered Nurses have a central role as the onsite clinical specialist with a focus on dementia, falls management, wound care, continence management, palliative care, etc. In this role you will provide services designed to promote healthy living, undertake monthly analysis of clinical indicators, and make recommendations to the Director of Care.
Working alongside our Companion Team Leaders who run the shift, you are the clinical leader dedicated towards progressing the care we provide in tandem with the broader healthcare team of Companions, Allied Health Professionals, Families, and our Residents.
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated experience in residential aged care nursing with particular emphasis on clinical assessments, care planning, clinical indicator analysis and medication management
- Demonstrated ability in delivering clinical training through toolbox talks and undertaking competency assessment
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and professionally with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled team environment and to communicate effectively with management, staff, and stakeholders, including medical and allied health professionals
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to determine work priorities
- Understanding of the ageing process and a commitment to advocate for older people in residential care and/or home care
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software and other desktop applications to an intermediate level
- Police check clearance; and
- Up-to-date vaccination as required by legislation or industry best practice from time to time.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Relevant qualifications in gerontological conditions such as Dementia, behaviour management, palliative care etc
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
- Department: Clinical Care
- Work Type:
Full-Time/ Part-time/ Casual
Download a copy of this Position Description