Careers at The Shoreline
At The Shoreline we have a guiding CREED based upon a simple goal, to be leaders in ageing excellence on the North Coast. We know that the only way to do this is through an incredible and diverse team of people that enjoy coming to work each and every day.
We believe in the best quality of service for our customers and our incredible menu is one of the many pillars that support their experiences. The food we serve is fresh, dynamic, and made to delight and we would love to have you join us in making this a reality.
The Shoreline is a luxury ageing precinct, providing services to the aged and ageing.
If you are interested in joining a new team on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW, The Shoreline is looking for talented Kitchen Hands.
As a Kitchen Hand, you will ensure a high standard of food service within our residential aged care home. You will work alongside the Companions, ensuring that residents receive the highest quality dining experience every time. You will assist the Chef with minor food preparation: eg side salads, sandwiches, plating desserts and vegetable preparation for fridge. You will occasionally assist in the Café and may deliver meals within the Home or the Village.
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Experience in a hygiene controlled environment
- An understanding of how to maintain a safe and clean environment for resident, staff, and visitors
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to quality management and continuous improvement
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Police check clearance
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19, influenza, and any other illness as required by legislation or industry best practice from time to time.
- Certificate III or IV in Commercial Cookery
- Knowledge of food hygiene control
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
- Department: Hospitality
- Work Type:
- Full-Time/ Part-time/ Casual