Careers at The Shoreline
At The Shoreline we have a guiding CREED based upon a simple goal, to be leaders in ageing excellence on the North Coast. We know that the only way to do this is through an incredible and diverse team of people that enjoy coming to work each and every day.
The Shoreline embodies a different model of care, and we are excited to have you become a partner in that.
The Shoreline is a luxury ageing precinct, providing services to the aged and ageing.
If you are interested in joining a new team on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW, The Shoreline is looking for talented Companions. If you don’t yet have qualifications for this role, reach out anyway as we are working with some excellent training providers to find you the perfect position with us.
As a Companion you will combine the traditional role of personal carer with organising lifestyle activities for residents. You will report directly to the Companion Team Leader and indirectly to the Wellbeing Services Manager. A key focus is understanding resident preferences and integrating these into how care is delivered. Companions document progress notes and charts etc using handheld devices and are responsible for working alongside our residents to create a truly person-centred experience. You will hold, or be undertaking, a minimum of Certificate III in Individual Support and be assessed as being Medication Competent.
- Certificate III Individual Support (or employer deemed equivalent)
- Demonstrated empathy with and commitment to the care of older people
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in delivering exceptional customer centred service outcomes
- Experience in planning and undertaking lifestyle activities with older people
- Well-developed interpersonal and written skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team based work environment
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Police records clearance
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19, influenza, and any other illness as required by legislation or industry best practice from time to time.
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience working in a residential care home environment or hospitality sector
- Knowledge of aged care or related services
- Availability to work all shift requirements, including weekends
- Drivers’ licence
- Completion of the unit of competency “Administer and Monitor Medications”
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
- Department: Care
- Work Type:
Full-Time/ Part-time/ Casual