Careers at The Shoreline
At The Shoreline we have a guiding CREED based upon a simple goal, to be leaders in ageing excellence on the North Coast. We know that the only way to do this is through an incredible and diverse team of people that enjoy coming to work each and every day.
The Shoreline embodies a different model of care, and we are excited to have you become a partner in that.
The Shoreline is a luxury ageing precinct, providing services to the aged and ageing.
If you are interested in joining a new team on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW, The Shoreline is looking for talented Companions. If you don’t yet have qualifications for this role, reach out anyway as we are working with some excellent training providers to find you the perfect position with us.
As a Companion you will combine the traditional role of personal carer with organising lifestyle activities for residents. You will report directly to the Companion Team Leader and indirectly to the Wellbeing Services Manager. A key focus is understanding resident preferences and integrating these into how care is delivered. Companions document progress notes and charts etc using handheld devices and are responsible for working alongside our residents to create a truly person-centred experience. You will hold, or be undertaking, a minimum of Certificate III in Individual Support and be assessed as being Medication Competent.
- Certificate III Individual Support (or employer deemed equivalent)
- Demonstrated empathy with and commitment to the care of older people
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in delivering exceptional customer centred service outcomes
- Experience in planning and undertaking lifestyle activities with older people
- Well-developed interpersonal and written skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team based work environment
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Police records clearance
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19, influenza, and any other illness as required by legislation or industry best practice from time to time.
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience working in a residential care home environment or hospitality sector
- Knowledge of aged care or related services
- Availability to work all shift requirements, including weekends
- Drivers’ licence
- Completion of the unit of competency “Administer and Monitor Medications”
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
Please submit your application via Seek by 7 July 2022.
THE SHORELINE RECRUITMENT INFORMATION DAYS
Southern Cross University, Coffs Harbour Campus.
Lecture Theatre (O-Block)
There are three sessions to choose from:
· 11.30am – 1.30pm Fri 24th June 2022
· 5.00pm – 7.00pm Fri 24th June 2022
· 10.00am – 12.00am Sat 25th June 2022
Certificate III Individual Support Care Workers (or Assistants in Nursing), are you looking to work for a provider that truly believes in bringing the new era of ageing to the Mid-North Coast? If it’s a yes then please attend one of our Companion’s Employment Information Days.
The Shoreline believes our staff provide more than simply personal care, rather you are a vital Companion to our Residents, hence why we are calling our care delivery team Companions!
With exciting opportunities for you to bring your own unique skills to a brand-new culture and care environment, we hope to see you attend one of our sessions and have the opportunity to have a chat with our staff.
- Department: Care
- Work Type:
Full-Time/ Part-time/ Casual
- Closing Date: 07/07/2022
Download a copy of this Position Description