Careers at The Shoreline
COMPANION TEAM LEADERS
At The Shoreline we have a guiding CREED based upon a simple goal, to be leaders in ageing excellence on the North Coast. We know that the only way to do this is through an incredible and diverse team of people that enjoy coming to work each and every day.
The Shoreline embodies a different model of care, and we are excited to have you become a partner in that.
The Shoreline is a luxury ageing precinct, providing services to the aged and ageing.
If you are interested in joining a new team on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW, The Shoreline is looking for talented Companion Team Leaders.
You are responsible for the day to day team supervision and direction of the Companions, under the supervision of the Wellbeing Services Manager. During day and afternoon shifts, Companion Team Leader’s will coordinate the care delivery and small group activities that are undertaken by Companions. You require a Certificate IV in Ageing Support (or to be undertaking), as well as the Administer and Monitor Medication competency. You will work closely with the Housekeeping Team Leader to ensure a seamless delivery of person-centred service to residents.
- Certificate III Individual Support (or employer deemed equivalent)
- Demonstrated empathy with and commitment to the care of older people
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in delivering exceptional customer centred service outcomes
- Experience in planning and undertaking lifestyle activities with older people
- Well-developed interpersonal and written skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team based work environment
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Police records clearance
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19, influenza, and any other illness as required by legislation or industry best practice from time to time.
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience working in a residential care home environment or hospitality sector
- Knowledge of aged care or related services
- Availability to work all shift requirements, including weekends
- Drivers’ licence
- Completion of the unit of competency “Administer and Monitor Medications”
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
Companion Team Leaders
- Department: Care
- Work Type: Full-Time
Download a copy of this Position Description