Careers at The Shoreline
The Shoreline is a new, vibrant, luxury coastal retirement living, and premium residential aged care home situated in Coffs Harbour on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW. The care home is located within the village of luxury units and villas and is a stone’s throw away from a major shopping centre, beautiful beaches, and restaurants. We are a breath of fresh air in the region, bringing the most modern-day practices to the forefront of our residents ageing experience.
The Community Facilitator is the community interface between the retirement village and residential care home. This role is responsible for the coordination of the site’s Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) process through the identification of the ‘social assets’ residents bring to the home and village, as well as the coordination of group activities, events, and volunteering. The Community Facilitator will collect the life stories and preferences of residents in the residential care home and retirement village and document them into The Shoreline’s selected clinical & client record systems.
Required Personal Attributes
- Tertiary Qualifications in counselling, social work, aged care, or relevant work experience
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of delivering quality aged care and retirement living service delivery that is compliant with legislation and quality standards.
- Exceptional communication skills – both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and professionally with limited supervision.
- Experience in organising and running events and other group activities.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating people to participate in community activities.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software and other desktop applications at an intermediate level.
- Police check clearance; and
- Up-to-date vaccination as required by legislation or industry best practice from time to time.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Dementia care qualifications and behaviour management experience
- Understanding of and experience in Asset Based Community Development
- First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of service provision, co-ordination, allocation, and compliance with contractual obligations
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality systems and compliance with aged care quality standards
- A demonstrated understanding of person-centred care within a community environment
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
- Department: Administration
- Work Type: Full-Time
Download a copy of this Position Description