Careers at The Shoreline
At The Shoreline we have a guiding CREED based upon a simple goal, to be leaders in ageing excellence on the North Coast. We know that the only way to do this is through an incredible and diverse team of people that enjoy coming to work each and every day.
We believe in the best quality of service for our customers and our incredible menu is one of the many pillars that support their experiences. The food we serve is fresh, dynamic, and made to delight and we would love to have you join us in making this a reality.
The Shoreline is a luxury ageing precinct, providing services to the aged and ageing.
If you are interested in joining a new team on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW, The Shoreline is looking for talented Chefs.
You will be responsible for the development, preparation and provision of food that meets the resident’s nutritional needs. You will also be involved in the development and review of menus and work processes. Additionally, this position is to assist the Catering Manager at Resident Menu Meetings and developing new menus.
You will participate in any special purpose Focus Groups such as Work Health & Safety, Food Safety, Emergency Procedures and/or Quality Assurance providing specialist input from a catering perspective.
- Certificate III or IV in Commercial Cookery
- Minimum three years’ experience working as a Chef at a supervisory level
- Ability to follow recipe cards and calculate quantities needed per service
- Previous experience in managing a kitchen, ideally in aged care
- Knowledge of dietary requirements of the elderly
- High level food preparation skills and understanding of seasonal ingredients
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage a catering budget
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to quality management and continuous improvement
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Police check clearance
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19, influenza, and any other illness as required by legislation or industry best practice from time to time.
- Experience in catering for residents living with dementia or in a memory support unit
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Awards for cooking achievements
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
- Department: Hospitality
- Work Type:
- Full-Time/ Part-time/ Casual
Download a copy of this Position Description