Careers at The Shoreline
At The Shoreline we have a guiding CREED based upon a simple goal, to be leaders in ageing excellence on the North Coast. We know that the only way to do this is through an incredible and diverse team of people that enjoy coming to work each and every day.
The Shoreline is a luxury ageing precinct, providing services to the aged and ageing. The best way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and we at The Shoreline are passionate about serving the very best food in the region. With a model of care that prioritises the experiences of our consumers, the quality of our freshly cooked food is of utmost priority.
If you are interested in creating a new taste sensation on the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW, The Shoreline is looking for a talented Catering Manager to lead our cutting edge kitchen to success. You will have the opportunity to source the freshest local ingredients, create menus to inspire and impress, oversee and manage a brand new café, and of course build a dedicated and passionate team from the ground up. With The Shoreline being built in a prime Coffs Harbour location, you are simply minutes away from shops, services, and even the beach. If this sounds like not only the role but also the lifestyle for you, apply today!
The Catering Manager will be responsible for all onsite catering including the café.
The role will include:
- Consultation with Residents
- Development of seasonal menus in consultation with the Dietician;
- Implementation of all systems in the Food Safety Manual;
- Ongoing licensing from NSW Food Authority;
- Satisfactory food safety inspections from the local council (for the café);
- Management of the catering budget; and
- Management of all staff involved in food preparation and service.
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality plus Cert III or IV in Commercial Cookery.
- Minimum three years’ experience working as a Catering Manager or Chef at a supervisory level.
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate.
- Previous experience in managing a kitchen, ideally in aged care.
- Knowledge of dietary requirements of the elderly.
- High level food preparation skills and understanding of seasonal ingredients.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Commitment to quality management and continuous improvement.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage a catering budget.
- Police record clearance.
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Experience in catering for residents living with dementia or in a memory support unit.
- Awards for cooking achievements.
Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on your experience.
Please submit your application via Seek by 12 November 2021.
- Department: Management
- Work Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 12/11/2021
Download a copy of this Position Description