The Shoreline Development Update July 2021
The development team and our builders, FM Glenn, have been working hard to bring The Shoreline to life. The extended period of wet weather earlier in the year has set them back a little and we are now looking at a completion date of around May 2022.
Now that the roof is on, it will be completely watertight in the next 6-8 weeks which will be an important milestone and make the timeline for completion more certain. This is similarly the case with the Residential Aged Care Home where the roof is also nearly finished.
The Shoreline Saltwater Apartments Construction Update
The residences in Saltwater Apartments are progressing well. Here’s a summary of what’s been happening:
- Roof sheets have been installed
- Rendering has commenced on Levels 5 & 6
- All internal services installed to Levels 4 & 5
- Joinery in kitchens, laundries and robes has commenced installation on Levels 1 & 2
- Tiling has been completed on Level 1 in all bathrooms, laundries, living and dining rooms
- Tilers have commenced on Level 2
- Painters have commenced on Levels 1, 2 & 3
The Shoreline Residential Aged Care Home Construction Update
The Shoreline Residential Aged Care Home will be opening it’s doors the same time as the Saltwater apartments. Here’s a construction update on the Residential Aged Care Home:
- Roof steel structure is well under way
- Roof installation has commenced
- Major air conditioning plant and duct work is complete
- Wall liners and installers are currently working on Level 2
- All services installed and under works
Car Park & Podium Extension Construction Update
The car park and podium extension are well underway. Here’s a summary:
- Screwed piers installed
- Inground footings are now complete
- Ground concrete slabs 2/3rds finished
- External scaffolding has commenced
5 Tips to downsizing
It’s not easy downsizing but once you’ve made the move you’ll enjoy a whole new clutter-free life!
1) Go through every room with a pen and paper, make 3 columns keep, give away or bin – you’ll be surprised by how much you don’t need!
2) For precious items like a piano or piece of furniture you love but can’t keep, take a photo and create a photo book to keep your memories
3) Be honest with yourself – when was the last time you used this 1980’s blender or old pair of jeans that’s been sitting in your wardrobe for years? If you don’t use it, probably best to lose it!
4) One man’s trash is another man’s treasure – make some cash by selling on eBay or Gum Tree
5) Donate to charity. Often the Salvos will come and pick up your items from you.
For help with downsizing call Trina at The Shoreline on 0477 777 957